PC Hardware forum

General discussion

multi-monitors

by walton-goggins / January 14, 2010 8:37 AM PST

What is the best way to setup a multi-monitor computer video display wall?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: multi-monitors
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: multi-monitors
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
We cheated.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 14, 2010 9:41 AM PST
In reply to: multi-monitors

At a trade show we needed this so we stuck one laptop per display and crafted some software that talked on the network to know what to do per display. In theory we could run 250 displays this way.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Collapse -
Last year.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2010 10:34 AM PST
In reply to: We cheated.

599 buck laptops so it was some budget to manage. This year, 299 netbooks and with wifi, even less troubles.
Bob

Collapse -
ATI Eyefinity
by Technojunkie3 / January 15, 2010 9:04 AM PST

Depending on your precise needs, the new 6 monitor ATI Radeon 5800 series cards in Eyefinity mode. You can have up to 4 cards driving up to 24 displays total as One Big Display. I'm not sure if the 6 monitor cards are shipping yet. The standard cards "only" drive 3 monitors. If you want to drive a stunning, uber-high-resolution display this is the way to go. They were all over CES. Samsung is making special thin bezel monitors that work particularly well for this.

Collapse -
Transfer my bought VHS film collection to my DVD collection.
by 791935 / January 16, 2010 1:18 AM PST

Although this is not difficult, ( SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD ) To write the software to break the lock on newly bought VHS films so as to convert them to my DVD collection, I cannot find anyone to tell me how this is done, So, Can anyone tell me at last what I must do or write.

THANK YOU

PS: I have 2384 VHS films in my collection and 1847 DVDs. (to date).

Mr A Vickery.

Saturday 16th January 2010. 17.17 hundred hours
< yrekciva1@msn.com >

Collapse -
Off topic.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2010 2:37 AM PST

You may want to post your own new discussion. But because of DMCA (see google) such is not allowed in the USA.

Collapse -
Multiple Monitor Video Wall
by myspideysenses / January 16, 2010 5:35 AM PST

Basically, you only need two things. You need a rackmount bracket system for the multi-monitor display, and VESA certified mounting LCDs. Then you will need a computer capable of supporting the amount of monitors you have on your video display wall.

Here is a nice 12 Monitor Wall Display

You will also need a suitable Multi-Monitor Computer to run this display.

Here is a Youtube Video of all the types of Monitor Displays and Walls you can get from SUPER PC.

Multiple Monitor Video Walls

Collapse -
Multi Monitor
by quzid / June 1, 2010 3:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
multi monitor
by soulpatch1 / December 15, 2010 1:31 AM PST
In reply to: Multi Monitor

i saw this post a little over a month ago so i did some research. the ergotech triple deskstand is the ridiculous. i got mine a week and it's sweet. my 24s tile perfectly and it was setup in 20 min.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!