Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Mudslinging, who is the worst? Check it out:)

by Glenda / September 21, 2004 11:13 AM PDT

This website claims to measure the amount of mudslinging going on between President George W. Bush and John Kerry during the Presidential Campaign of 2004.

http://www.crawdadtech.com/campaign/

This was very interesting! And ABC said it is NOT partisan:)) I didn't check out any of this sites affiliations, so I can't verify that:)
Glenda

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mudslinging, who is the worst? Check it out:)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mudslinging, who is the worst? Check it out:)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just as I thought Glenda
by SteveGargini / September 21, 2004 3:14 PM PDT

Kerry spends all his time mudslinging, instead of discussing things which would improve the situation in the World.
I think all the U.N representatives, well nearly all, were Kerry clones. Happy

Collapse -
Re: Just as I thought Glenda
by Glenda / September 22, 2004 3:13 AM PDT

Actually they said on the local news that after the Democratic convention, Kerry was bad and after the Republican Convention President Bush was bad:(

Glenda

Collapse -
by Josh K / September 22, 2004 3:28 AM PDT

I couldn't make head or tails out of that site. How do they define "mud?"

In any election in which one candidate is the incumbent, a big part of the challenger's job is to criticize the incumbent's record. You're not just choosing between two candidates; you're deciding whether one should be "fired" or not.

Collapse -
by Glenda / September 22, 2004 3:39 AM PDT

I thought the site was self explanatory, Josh. Maybe go back and look again??
Glenda

Collapse -
by Josh K / September 22, 2004 3:46 AM PDT

I still don't see where they distinguish legitimate criticism (whether you agree with it or not) from mudslinging.

"Bush isn't doing a good job in Iraq" is a criticism. "Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq because he has a personal vendetta against Saddam" is mudslinging unless there's evidence to back it up.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Oh well:)
by Glenda / September 22, 2004 4:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
by Roger NC / September 22, 2004 9:50 AM PDT
you're deciding whether one should be "fired" or not.

Yeah, you can say that. But you're also looking at should he be replaced with the alternative at hand, not just if you can find someone better somewhere.

Firing out of hand without finding a better replacement would be more akin to impeachment and removal than an election.

An election might be like the review at the end of your 90 day trial period some companies have. Have you done your job? then you stay. It's not even is there someone better, there's always somewhere better somewhere.

Even in this case, I'd bet there someone better than either of the candidates, but he/she/it ain't running.

So you are choosing between two, one partly on has he done his job, the other on what can he do better. So.........

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.