General discussion

MT2S Sony HD HandyCam on Samsung UE55B7000

Hi,

Theres is any way to play mt2s files from a sony handy cam, directly on the samsung UE55B7000 tv (using the tv media player)?

The video and audio codecs are supported (AVCHD and AC3) but not the format (mt2s).

My problem is that i don't want to convert the file and loose quality.

Regards

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MT2S Sony HD HandyCam on Samsung UE55B7000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MT2S Sony HD HandyCam on Samsung UE55B7000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
MT2S Sony HD HandyCam on Samsung UE55B7000

RaptorMachine,

If the format doesn't work, then you should still be able to connect the camcorder to the television and get playback that way.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
that's not the point

Thanks for your answer, and I?m doing that, but i have all my camera videos on my pc and every time I want to watch a movie have to upload it to the camera.

So when showing vacations and other videos to someone, using the camera, isn?t an easy way to do it.

My question is there any easy way to play the m2ts movies with tv media center?

Regards,

- Collapse -
m2ts

I think I managed to get a file in this format to play from another media server. It was probably TVersity, which is quite good at transcoding, but not so easy to set up. Check the TVersity forums on this, also to get the initial profile settings for Samsung TVs.

- Collapse -
confirmation

I checked just now and it WAS TVersity. It handled the AVC video OK (no FF or Jump) but not the AC-3 audio.

Rather than transcoding, it may simply have decided to handle the file as mpeg. You could try renaming the file extension.

- Collapse -
Servioo

Thanks for your advice,

I try to use tversity but i wasn't able to play m2ts files. So i try almost every others media servers (freeware for windows) and the only that play m2ts files was Servioo (out of the box).
But still with lack of sound (AC3) codec!

I think if i can manage tversity to transcode the m2ts file to avi it maybe play well, since it by default transcode to mpeg and my tv don't have suporte for AC3, on a mpeg container, as well.
But is just a guess.

I will try to investigate more...

CNET Forums

Forum Info