Have You Found Out How To Fix It Without Rebooting Hard Drive?
If You Know Please Email me:
Ever since I accidentally clicked on a virus link sent to me in AIM, my IE, Yahoo, and MSN has not worked.
When I open IE I get an error message and then it closes out.
When I open or start to run MSN Messenger or Yahoo I get the following message below.
The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occured in the application at location 0x7c2f4839.
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
Here is what I've done to resolve the problem and it has not fixed it:
1) I've restarted my system in Safe Mode and scanned my whole system including individual scans of IE, and MSN and the problem still remains.
2) I scanned the whole system and the individual programs while not in Safe Mode
3) I've done a program repair on each item and the problems still remain
4) I've uninstalled IE from the components, restarted, installed it again and the problem still remains
5) I've uninstalld MSN and Yahoo, rebooted, installed them again and the problems still remain.
Basically, anything that could be scanned in safe mode, uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired, etc... has not worked at all for me.
My operating system is Windows 2000.
I've searched the internet high and low for the 0x7c2f4839 and had no luck finding any information on the error.
MSN has NO information about this error and I don't plan on spending money to ask their tech support when I can get the answer to my problem for free.
I want to reformat my computer sometime this spring, which would solve the issue, but I would like to at least gain my MSN back or Yahoo back. IE I could care less about, I just can't do any security updates.