Computer Help forum

General discussion

MSN Messenger

by newg / February 15, 2007 11:29 AM PST

Hi,
I am completely up to date on Windows XP Microsoft updates, with MSN 8. I have downloaded the Windows Journal Viewer and its update. I am unable to use the handwriting feature in MSN chat. I can't seem to find out if I have the XP Service Pack 3 - I have the SP2 downloaded. Can anyone give me more info in order to get this feature working? Thanks again for your help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MSN Messenger
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MSN Messenger
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SP3
by Stan Chambers / February 15, 2007 12:59 PM PST
In reply to: MSN Messenger

SP3 won't be released until next year, if then. At least that's what I have read on one site. It seems MS didn't won't to release it in conjuction with Vista. If you have SP2 and subsequent updates, you should be good to go.

Collapse -
(NT) How come I can't just go then???
by newg / February 15, 2007 2:55 PM PST
In reply to: SP3
Collapse -
(NT) Sorry, but I never use MSN.
by Stan Chambers / February 16, 2007 2:02 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: MSN Messenger ?
by glenn30 / February 16, 2007 2:45 AM PST
In reply to: MSN Messenger

I use Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and do not have the problem. My approach would be to download the latest version and save to disk... uninstall the present version by removing all remnants from the hard drive and registry if you are comfortable in the registry.

Then install the fresh download and see if it helps. I have seen this procedure work in many instances where software is malfunctioning.

Hope it helps!

Glenn

Collapse -
Hey Glenn30
by Stan Chambers / February 16, 2007 4:51 AM PST
In reply to: Re: MSN Messenger ?

Haven't seen you around these parts for a long time. Maybe you've been cruising in stealth mode. Good to hear from you again.

Collapse -
Hi Stan!
by glenn30 / February 16, 2007 5:33 AM PST
In reply to: Hey Glenn30

Been right here all along! No incognito surfing... sometimes I wish. Visit these forums every day. Come to think of it I haven't seen you much until recently. Wink I do remember you and your location.

I am fighting a new system with Vista 64... some little problems with software compatibility and printer drivers but I will survive. Grin

Take care!

Glenn

Collapse -
Vista
by Stan Chambers / February 16, 2007 6:42 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Stan!

I've read enough in the forums to make shy away from Vista, at least until SP1. Or until XP can no longer perform.

Best of Luck

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!