PC Applications forum

General discussion

msn contacts list

by JohnS1377 / June 22, 2005 10:29 AM PDT

alright my msn is just fine, well for the most part. Anyways my sister's contacts have all disappeared. They can IM her, but she can't see them online or offline. She has only one contact and that one contact is also one of my contacts(if that means anything). I recentely upgraded/reformatted my computer and harddrive. I have tried with and without a firewall...both no dice. She can see all her contacts on my dad's computer, but for some reason not on mine. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: msn contacts list
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: msn contacts list
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re-installing MSN Messenger : maybe the solution
by Pcfreakske2000 / June 22, 2005 11:45 PM PDT
In reply to: msn contacts list

Hi all ,

Well, have you tried removing MSN Messenger and re-installing it ?

Maybe that could be the solution to your problem.

If that doesn't work , maybe your sister hasn't logged in for about 30 days or more and then her account expired.

If that's the case , you just need to re-activate her account.

Also I would advice running a spyware ( with Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 ) and virusscan ( not with Norton or Mcafee , but use another one , or try an online virusscan ) to insure that there is not a virus on the computer.

Also install CCleaner ( Crap Cleaner ) to delete all the unused and useless data on your computer.
It deletes : Temporary Internet Files , Temporary Files , cookies , ect ...
It also scans your computer's Windows Register in search for outdated , invalid or installation/uninstallation errors and such more.

As said before , run a spyware and virusscan , or use one of the following online scanners :

TrendMicro 's HouseCall Antivirus --> http://www.trendmicro.com

Panda ActiveScan --> http://www.pandasoftware.com

or any other you might find online.

You can also do an online spyware scan as well , at the SpywareGuide ( http://www.spywareguide.com ) site.

I hope this helps you.

If not , please let me know.

Thanks.

Greetings ,

Pcfreakske2000

Collapse -
by JohnS1377 / June 23, 2005 12:50 AM PDT

thanks...I have run a virus scan, spybot S&D, and adaware SE. I have removed through add/remove program and have re-installed, but with no luck. How can you reactivate the account. I don't believe that's the problem, but I'll try it anyways

Collapse -
also
by JohnS1377 / June 23, 2005 12:56 AM PDT
In reply to: reply

when I first installed 7.0 on my newly built/reformatted computer, it had me use my e-mail to sort of re-signup for the .net passport. I think maybe that's why she is not seeing all of her contacts. maybe?

Collapse -
Could be , indeed
by Pcfreakske2000 / June 26, 2005 7:28 AM PDT
In reply to: also

Hi all ,

Well, one thing is certain , you need a .NET Passport to get on MSN , indeed.

Most common thing is to use a Hotmail account. Because it automatically gives you a .NET Passport , so that you can access MSN Messenger without a problem.

I would suggest to check if she has a .NET Passport and if so , is it still active.

If not, reactivate it.

Also, you could e-mail Microsoft or MSN to see what they can do about it.

Greetings ,

Pcfreakske2000

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.