Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

Question

MSI X370 notebook E-450 high temperature

Dec 16, 2017 1:00PM PST

Hello i need an advice.
This notebook warranty expired long time ago, but it was bought from second hand. I repasted apu chip with Thermal Gryzzly Kryonaut and got rid of dust on fan. Didnt check how was with temperatures before. As a Core Temp program notices, that under load (movie through hdmi on 40" TV) this processor with integrated graphics reaches up to 75 degrees. Watching on internal display its about 72-73. Both 480p... Is that normal or i have to worry about? I know that cooling system in this notebook is weak, but as hard?

Operating system Windows 8.1 working on Windows 8 VGA drivers, all drivers from MSI official site. In correct chronology like is written.

What can i do to lower the temperature on this notebook? Im a little bit paranoic if we are talking about temperatures in laptops, notebooks, so please forgive me if i sound like crazy Happy

With regards,

Wojciech Żurański

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Answer
That's getting into the warning zone for sure
Dec 16, 2017 1:29PM PST

Are you sure the fan is running? Does this one have the heat tube that also runs over to the GPU? Did you replace thermal paste under it also?

- Collapse -
Answer
I'm going to write typical for laptop temps.
Dec 16, 2017 6:13PM PST

I think a lot of folk think of the desktop temps when they warn you about that temp.

- Collapse -
Answer
E450
Dec 16, 2017 7:05PM PST

Spec shows max temp of 90c.

I suppose you could try a cooling pad and see what effect that has.