PC Hardware forum

General discussion

MSI 220gt 1gb ddr2

by fema2129 / June 21, 2010 2:19 AM PDT

Is anyone know which shader model this graphic card have??
it driving me crazy, i cant find it anywhere!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MSI 220gt 1gb ddr2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MSI 220gt 1gb ddr2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Lucky you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2010 2:33 AM PDT
In reply to: MSI 220gt 1gb ddr2

I have the Nvidia 220 GT on my kids machine running Windows 7. Now what did you need to know? Where do I look for this?
Bob

Collapse -
Yes,lucky me!
by fema2129 / June 21, 2010 3:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Lucky you.

Could you tell me how high is windows exp. index on graphics and gaming graphics?The shader model should be on the product box, and if there ain't any,then download everest ultimate edition,and look for gpu in the display field.vertex shader:??.Here is the code for everest ultimate edition:FYTFC6FY47XBFJNSI1GFSIEIY

Thanx,Fema

Collapse -
Ok.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2010 3:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes,lucky me!

The basic machine is a very stock HP d5000t (not sure about the letter t) but it is some HP Intel Quad Core.

The overall number is 5.5 with the video being 6.5.

Sorry but I won't install Everest today. The pixel shader the last time I looked was 2.0 or greater. But we never looked at that since all games play fine.

Hope this helps.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by fema2129 / June 21, 2010 3:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok.

Ok,i think it have 4.1 pixel shader,and that is very good for gaming at lower resolutions and details.My gpu have a win. experience at 3.9 so im gonna buy 220 gt.

Thanks, Bob.

Collapse -
Why such low res? My kid
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2010 3:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

Has it hooked to a 1080p Samsung display and never changes it from 1920x1080.

I don't know all the titles but The Orange Box and Bioshock run fine.
Bob

Collapse -
Because...
by fema2129 / June 21, 2010 4:01 AM PDT

My comp is single core amd athlon 64 1640 2.6 overclocked to 2784 mhz.
Yours is quad core intel and cpu sped might be 2.4 or 2.66,2.5 i dont know.My is 2gb ram,160gb hd 5400rpm,and m2n x plus asus motherboard.
I should mention, that my processor is "green", and it us 45W of power, and yours is 95W.And my display is CRT 17" philips, on 1024x768 res.

Stalker Call of Pripyat running on 1024x768, on static lighting,because gpu cant handle so high object lighting, and the game going slow on full dynamic lighting(dx10).

My cant even start Bioshock 2.

Greetings,Fema.

PS I recommend S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

Collapse -
Ahh.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 21, 2010 4:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Because...

My kid's machine taps about 95 Watts or less sitting there and I think I measure 110 Watts during game play. Which is far better than some older machines we had.

While it only had 2GB when we installed Windows 7, we knew to install the 64 bit since we didn't want to install the OS again later. It ran very well and then later, the second 2GB was added.

The HP d5000 was all of 369 bucks at geeks.com and quite the bargain unit. Yes we added the gt 220 and used one of the Windows 7 family pack licenses so you can get an idea what the grand total was. The kid's happy so I can only hope that he doesn't bug me for a new machine this year.
Bob

Collapse -
OK
by fema2129 / June 21, 2010 4:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Ahh.

Ok i'm kid too i have 13 years.So thank you for all your help.

Fema

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!