General discussion

MSHTML.DLL ERROR

I got Error when i want to install Norton Anti Virus 2005 trial version.

ERROR SIGNATURE:

AppName: nav_2005b.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0

Modul Name: mshtml.dll Modul Version: 6.0.2600.0

Offset: 001b9365

THE FOLLOWING FILES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THIS ERROR REPORT:
C:\DOCUME~1\Win98\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Can you help me ?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MSHTML.DLL ERROR
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MSHTML.DLL ERROR
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Need more info asbudi

Is it Norton itself that is giving you this error? Do you already have another AV on your computer? Are you downloading it from a website or are you trying to install it from a disc? A little more about your operating system would help also.

- Collapse -
Some program with the same problem

I got the same error with some program.

Look.

Program INTERNET EXPLORE
Error Signature:
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0
ModName: mshtml.dll ModVer: 6.0.2600.0

Program SYSTEM RESTORE
Error Signature:
AppName: rstrui.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0

Program MICROSOFT FRONTPAGE
Error Details:
We have detected a problem with your installation of the product. Repairing or reinstalling it may correct the problem.
Error Signature:
AppName: frontpg.exe AppVer: 10.0.2623.0

Microsoft HTML Help Executable
Error Signature
AppName: hh.exe AppVer: 4.74.9273.0

Look the Modul Name,Modul Version and Offset number.
it's same.

Did you have suggestion ?

- Collapse -
Hi again

My main thing is the virus thing. The V&S forum is the forum that I am a Mod in, not this one but I responded because I thought I could help you with Norton but it appears that you have more problems than just Norton. It looks like it's a .dll file that you are either missing or is corrupt. I would wait for one of the computer experts to respond or you could check out some of these google links that I just found. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-32,GGLD:en&q=mshtml%2Edll

CNET Forums

Forum Info