General discussion

MSCONFIG Start-Up entries

Can someone please show me how to delete duplicate entries in the start-up menu? Even though they are unchecked, it still bugs me that there are duplicates.
I'm using Windows 98.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MSCONFIG Start-Up entries
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MSCONFIG Start-Up entries
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Duplicates

Some Programs "require" duplicates. Try = Start = Run = type msconfig = start-up = and press the "cleanup" button = apply and okay. A very good "tool" to help in programs running in the background is "winpatrol" small download and runs in systray, uses little resources. www.winpatrol.com

- Collapse -
You might try

putting a check in BOTH entries and then reboot.

Go back to msconfig and see what the results are.

- Collapse -
Thank You theolegeezer & bob b

Thanks for the info!

- Collapse -
misconfirg

I have found out saw command had plm with msconfig opena and shut off when I click email to outlook but command seem lost config when I click pic and email to outlock but it show open command then shut off and no work open

CNET Forums

Forum Info