Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

MSAS New Version...

Just downloaded Version 1.0.614 updated Defs to 5731 and ran a scan. Found nothing, but appears to work OK. Also I uninstalled the old version before installing the new one.
Larry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MSAS New Version...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MSAS New Version...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That's great Larry.

In reply to: MSAS New Version...

Collapse -
defs repeating

In reply to: (NT) That's great Larry.

I just uninstalled downloaded installed and have the same problem of it repeating the update of 5725 to 5731 each time I check for updates. Had to use the manual download links provided here a few days ago. Problem not fixed for me. Still waiting Bill.

Collapse -
manual download link?

In reply to: defs repeating

i must have missed it, mine keep repeating as well.

Collapse -
From One Of Donna's Previous Posts

In reply to: manual download link?

Collapse -
cool, thanks1 :D

In reply to: From One Of Donna's Previous Posts

i dont know how the h*&# i missed that but really do appreciate your help Wink

Collapse -
I still had the old

In reply to: MSAS New Version...

version of the program itself but I had the newest defs installed in that. I have been waiting to get the program update via the updater as some people have gotten it but I finally decided last night to do it manually and I downloaded it. Instead of uninstalling the old version first like Larry did, I let the new one install on top of the old one. The installer recognized that and just updated my old one which kept the current defs for me plus my old settings and logs are still intact. I am just posting this to let people know that you can do it EITHER way and, with the exception of having some sort of Microsoft glitch, it should work.

Collapse -
Sounds Good Roddy..

In reply to: I still had the old

I knew it would install over the old version, but I like to do a fresh install on most programs. Strange, I did't have a repeating problem as some others have had. Guess thats MS for you. LOL
Larry

Collapse -
I've had the repeating problem

In reply to: Sounds Good Roddy..

many times but not with these latest defs with EITHER version. LOL Go figure. BTW, I responded to your e-mail Larry (from the CNET e-mail function), just making sure you got it and didn't delete it as spam. It's easy to do that with a new contact.

Collapse -
Got your e-mail reply...

In reply to: I've had the repeating problem

Didn't answer since you had a storm comming in, hope it didn't hit you too hard.
I have also had the repeat problem before, just not this time. Must have caught the updater on one of it's better days. LOL
Larry

Collapse -
That's good, we are

In reply to: Got your e-mail reply...

connected now which is nice. I e-mail occasionally with some of the regulars plus it's nice to have the addresses for emergencies. We got nailed pretty good that night with the storms but the property that I live on took it pretty good. We are pretty used to severe weather here but 100MPH straight line winds consistently will damage just about anything which is what happened that night. There were people a few miles from me that didn't do so well, especially being a holiday weekend and there were lots of campers and boaters exposed to that storm. Thanks for asking.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.