Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Office & Productivity Software forum

Resolved Question

MS Word individual page orientation

by cwill12 / May 13, 2015 3:11 AM PDT

I used Acrobat 8 to convert a pdf to Word 2003 (seems to be the only Word format available in this version of Acrobat) opened using Word 2007. Some of the pages are oriented differently from what they were originally (all protrait) and I can't seem to change individual page orientation. An MS help forum seemed to indicate that selecting all the text on the page would let me, but, the Page layout ribbon is inactive (it's there, I just can't click on any of the options). I've also tried converting to rtf with the same result.

I should preface this by saying what I'm ultimately trying to do is convert a pdf to Word (or other format) that will allow me to edit it while jumping through as few hoops as possible.

Thanks in advance!

cwill12 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by cwill12

Collapse -
No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2015 3:23 AM PDT

Conversion from PDF to Word has never been a sure thing. There is nothing new going on here with tomes of prior discussions.

Fix? Go get the source. That PDF came from somewhere. Use the source document. PDFs are made so that folk read them. Not edit them. Your new to this folk will scream for a while till they get it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
About rotating pages.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2015 3:28 AM PDT

Again, tomes about it on the web. There is something that kills new Word users on this. Ready? "No default printer." Easy enough if you know but I'm running into a lot of new users that didn't know it mattered. Without that default printer, you can't do a lot of things.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!