Question

MS Removal Tool, 0.30605367786813775.exe and 0 file

Hi,
My computer was infected with MS Removal Tool and thanks to the instruction from your Web site, I was able to remove it. At the time of infection, I also noticed that 2 new files were added to my desktop. They are 0.30605367786813775.exe and 0 file. I've run both Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and AVG full scan on my computer but they didn't mark them as virus/trojan/malware. Please let me know what these files are and how to safely remove them.
Thanks,
Tony

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: MS Removal Tool, 0.30605367786813775.exe and 0 file
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MS Removal Tool, 0.30605367786813775.exe and 0 file
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Why Not Just Delete Them?

RIGHT click on each file, then move them to the Recycle bin.. Since they're desktop files, they certainly aren't important system items.. Occasionally, such files aren't easily deleted in the normal fashion and if that's the case here, then try restarting in Safe Mode, then delete them, or use the free Unlocker program from the link below:

http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html

How To Start In 'Safe Mode'

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Reply to Grif

Hi Grif,
Thanks for replying. I didn't delete the files manually since sometimes we need to use some special softwares to remove them permanently. I'll follow your advice and keep you posted how it turns out. Again thanks for taking your time to help and have a good day.
Regards,
Tony

CNET Forums