Resolved Question

MS Pict & FAX viewer NO FAX option

Using MS XP & XP Pro. following instructions from two different sources, I get to the print option,BUT there is NO option to-for FAX.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there an easier / better way to FAX 2 images (.jpg or .TIF) to a phone number?

As always, I needed to do it several hours ago. Talk about a STEEP learning curve.

THANKS! Ms. RA

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove exposed email address to prevent abuse by others on 09/24/2012 at 9:16 AM PT

Discussion is locked
Video Lady has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: MS Pict & FAX viewer NO FAX option
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MS Pict & FAX viewer NO FAX option
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
No email please.

XP faxing is pretty easy but when it breaks then you find yourself in trouble. Your post didn't reveal if your machine had a fax modem. Many machines don't have such.
Bob

- Collapse -
Can a rock be DUMB? WAS: MS Pict & FAX viewer NO FAX option

R. Proffitt,

I feel about as DUMB as a rock or a box O rocks!

SORRY for bothering readers! Grrrrr. No the two HP desktops do NOT have built in phone/FAX modems. duh

Luckily my older DELL did and once I 'learned'/figured out how to configure dialing, things WORKED!

Thank you! Needless to say I'll be investigating PCI or plug 'n play modems (if such things exist?).

Be WELL & be SAFE!

Ms. RA

- Collapse -
We don't use those words. My example.

My pager wasn't working so at lunch I went to the mall to get a bite and visit the service booth.

I walked up the nice man in the booth and said my pager didn't work. He took my pager and opened up the battery compartment, flipped the battery over and handed it back to me. "Next!"

True story and yes, I hung my head just like a few others before me.
Bob

- Collapse -
(NT) :-)
- Collapse -
Thank you, ... we could launch a 'better tale' thread LOL

R. Proffitt,

FWIW, in addition to my various (numerous) technical knowledge - skills, in an earlier career I was a Journeyman (woman) electrician, but while preparing for a BIG contract video shoot, nothing would power up. You would NOT want to know how many times when customers call and I politely (and gently) ask how they 'know' / have confirmed *power is ON*, yet I couldn't - didn't think to check for AC power! grrrr

Why I never (failed) to think to consider whether or not the HP desktop(s) included a modem clearly is no different than not being able to see the tree(s) but for the forest.

Again, THANKS!

Ms. RA

CNET Forums