- Are you sure you deleted the right normal.dot (check the creation date of the new one)?
- Does it happen also with old documents, or only with new ones?
- Does it happen also if you select, say, a single character or a single word or a full paragraph, to underline or only when you select exactly one line on the screen?
- How exactly do you underline?
- How exactly do you undo (back out) this automatic action to reach the desired result?
Lets try this again.
When I type up a new Word document and I go to format a certain line by highlighting it and making it boldd, or underlined or even bulleted, the whole document then changes formatting and becomes bolded, underlined or bulleted. Is this a normal.dot / global template issue? I tried deleting the normal.dot template and letting MS Office create a new one but it still continues to does this. It wastes time haveing to back this out on the edit menu each time and interupts the creative thought process. Anyone have any ideas on what to check or uncheck in options? Or does the problem lie elsewhere?