General discussion

MS Office 2007 Small Business OEM

I have MS Office 2007 Small Business OEM on my Vista computer. I am going to upgrade to WIN7. Is this software WIN7 compatible? I was thinking of doing a clean install. Will this Dell OEM disk work? I have serial# and activation code. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: MS Office 2007 Small Business OEM
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MS Office 2007 Small Business OEM
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Office 2007 does work.

And is compatible. But OEM versions can be modified in odd ways. If it fails, back to Dell to fix it.
Bob

- Collapse -
upgrade install

I guess, if I had to, I could upgrade Vista with Office 2007 installed to WIN7.

- Collapse -
I see no reason to do that.

You have a valid OEM DELL license, the Dell computer and Office 2007 does run on this OS. The problem is no one can state with 100% certainty that nothing will go wrong but only about 99.99% sure it will be fine.

At least you are not out of compliance on the license so no worries.
Bob

- Collapse -
Give it a shot

To Open Office, I use it everyday.

- Collapse -
Re: MS Office Small Business OEM

Hi, I think you will be OK, but I wanted to let you know that the Microsoft Small Business Center which has a lot of helpful resources and information on software/upgrades/reinstallation. You will also find a lot of other great tips under the Software and Learning Center tabs. No registration required.

Microsoft Small Business Center
http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/hub.mspx

Best of luck,
Rebecca
The Microsoft SMB Outreach Team

CNET Forums

Forum Info