Question

MS.net 4 client profile - added rtf files in wrong place

Hi all,
XP pro SP3.
I have all the .net versions and last week downloaded the net 4 client profile.
It has added a Directory called "2a6fac55ca6888abf37ffd" which is full of folders such as 1025, 1028 etc. Each of the folders has file eula.rtf in a different language. 3.98mb total.
What is odd and annoying is that this directory is on my 2nd HDD. I have one HDD which is partitioned to C, D, E. C = s/w, D = files and E is for stuff for the web. My 2nd HDD is for the storage of photographs and music only. That drive letter is "I" and is where this directory is. I cannot delete these files and uninstalling .net 4 doesn't take them off. I have tried deleting them in the dos prompt too, and in safe mode / dos prompt. With explorer closed off too.
Tried Del nnnnn.rtf and tried rmdir nnnnnn. None of these work in normal or Safe mode. Cannot move the files either. "Access is denied"
Any clues? File size isn't the issue, but these files should be in my C drive.

Cheers, Paul.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: MS.net 4 client profile - added rtf files in wrong place
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MS.net 4 client profile - added rtf files in wrong place
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Just checking.

Did you "TAKE OWNERSHIP"? (if you forgot how, google XP TAKE OWNERSHIP)

- Collapse -
.net 4 client profile problem

Thanks for rapid response.
I tried this initially. There are no "Security" tabs in the File or Folder properties. So nothing available to change.

- Collapse -
That's proper for XP HOME

And the articles tell you how to show that tab. I'm unsure if you need more.
Bob

- Collapse -
.net 4 client profile problem

Finally found the answer.
The "Simple file sharing" in Folder options needed unticking, which then showed the Security tab in the right click of file.
They have been deleted, now lets see what doesn't work.

CNET Forums