PC Applications forum

General discussion

MS Money HELP!

I am planning on reformating my hard-drive, but I have been using MS Money for about three years and I don't know where the backup files for this program are kept. Does anyone know where on the computer MS Money saves it's backup files so I can restore them after reformating?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MS Money HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MS Money HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: MS Money HELP!

In reply to: MS Money HELP!

I wouldn't do that! MS Money on mine has an item under the File menu to save and restore the MSMONEY files.

If you make up your own backup system, then you get to fix it!

Collapse -

The default location is in "my documents". I picked a different location for my backup. I decided to use a USB portable drive so I have a copy saved away from the hard drive. You should be able to find it. If not, save a new copy and pick somewhere other than the hard drive.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: MS Money HELP!

Did you try a search? just put the word "Money" or whatever you called it, in your pc search engine... they should show up there... You might also find it through start/run/regedit. Put the word in Edit/find and the folder should come up in the left column; and highlighted in the right window. Then, hit edit/find next to keep searching. It will at least give you an idea where to start looking. Although these are programs files, it's a start.

I have discovered a lot of stuff I thought I lost just by looking there for starters. Just don't delete anything from regedit! lol...

Hope this helps. Happy searching!
Cica

Collapse -

You can also just save your main MS Money file (My Money) to a CD or other storage media, then copy it back onto your hard drive. This has always worked for me. But just in case I also use the backup feature on the program and save that file to a floppy disk. Hope all goes well.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.