Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

MS Excel preferences

by daxfullbrook / April 5, 2005 10:46 PM PDT

i was just wondering if there was a way to change the colour of the highlight around a selected box when in a worksheet.
at the moment it is green and i cant see what box i have selected.

i know its not a major problem - its just bugging me.

thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MS Excel preferences
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MS Excel preferences
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Start with...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 5, 2005 11:11 PM PDT
In reply to: MS Excel preferences

"(View tab, Gridlines) - Displays the cell gridlines. You can change the colour of the gridlines by altering the colour in the drop-down box at the bottom. If you want gridlines printed but not displayed choose (File > Page Setup)(Sheet tab, Gridlines)."
- some article I find with this Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=change+the+colour+of+the+highlight+around+a+selected+box+when+in+a+worksheet

My next thought is that Excel picks up the colors from the System colors you select in the Control panel of Windows.

I have not tried this, but you can and report back.

Bob

Collapse -
selected cell highlight?
by daxfullbrook / April 6, 2005 12:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Start with...

thank you for your reply.

the gridline colours i can change.
what i cant seem to change is the colour around the inside of the box when you select it. its as though you get a thin border running around the inside of the selected box. it is just a highlight to show you what cell you have selected.

i am working on a MAC, so i am not sure about changing the system colours.

Collapse -
It's a system setting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2005 12:45 AM PDT

"Excel uses system highlight color selected for System Preferences / Appearance / Highlight Color"

I noted such in my first reply and hoped you would look for it.

Bob

Collapse -
found the colour change
by daxfullbrook / April 6, 2005 1:05 AM PDT
In reply to: It's a system setting.

i just sent you an email saying that i had found that in the system preference. im not sure if you received it ok.

now i just have to find out how to make the highlight border around the cell larger. the line is very thin, so changing the colour doesnt make a big difference.

thanks

Collapse -
From Red Dwarf.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2005 2:05 AM PDT

"This is a excerpt from the sci-fi series "Red Dwarf" and one of the characters, a mechanoid named Kryten has just been turned into a human... he has the following conversation with a human-since-birth, Lister:

Lister: Any problems?
Kryten: Well, just one or two. In fact I've compiled a little list if you'll indulge me. Now then, uh, my optical system doesn't appear to have a zoom function.
Lister: No, human eyes don't have a zoom.
Kryten: Well then, how do you bring a small object into sharp focus?
Lister: Well, you just move your head closer to the object.
Kryten: I see. Move your head ... closer, hmm, to the object. All right, okay. Well, what about other optical effects, like split screen, slow motion, Quantel(tm)?
Lister: No. We don't have them.
Kryten: You don't have them -- just the zoom? Hmm. Well, no, that's fine, that's great, no, no, that's really great, that's great. "

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LOL, Red Dwarf was a great series
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 6, 2005 2:07 AM PDT
In reply to: From Red Dwarf.
Collapse -
red dwarf comment!!
by daxfullbrook / April 6, 2005 2:56 AM PDT
In reply to: From Red Dwarf.

rather than spend your time giving sarcy comments you should really peel yourself away from your computer and TV and actually take yourself out into the real world.

dont forget to change out of your star trek costume first!
****!

Collapse -
For dax.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 6, 2005 3:37 AM PDT
In reply to: red dwarf comment!!

My comment is that your post doesn't seem to help our members find solutions.

Why are you here?

Bob

Collapse -
S'Ok bob
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 7, 2005 8:24 AM PDT
In reply to: For dax.

Some people just never saw the humour in Red Dwarf did they.

Poor old smegs, Happy

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.