Peripherals forum

General discussion

MS Bluetooth Keyboard Issues with Mac

by jkendrick23 / June 1, 2008 11:44 AM PDT

I have the MS Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth (I have the mouse too, but no issues with that) and recently purchased an Apple Mac Mini (with Mac OS X v. 10.5.2). I don't have a problem pairing or connecting, but when the keyboard "goes to sleep" after about five minutes, it loses connection. The mouse does the same thing, but using it wakes it up and it reconnects on its own. The keyboard, however, does NOT reconnect automatically when woken up. I have to go through the reconnect process. I looked for a driver online but it seems as though there isn't one for my OS version. Any ideas on what i can do to rectify this situation?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MS Bluetooth Keyboard Issues with Mac
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MS Bluetooth Keyboard Issues with Mac
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
1. Call it in.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2008 12:50 AM PDT

Microsoft is notorious for having drivers, patches you don't get unless you call it in.

2. Call it in.
I've had MS replace such things when they don't work. MS seems to want to protect their mouse and keyboard line from bad press. Wish they would work as hard on the other products.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks MS!
by jkendrick23 / June 2, 2008 2:30 AM PDT
In reply to: 1. Call it in.

Well I called it in. Wow, that was frustrating! They say the keyboard/mouse is not supported and therefore it is a compatibility issue causing the failure to reconnect. Terrific! So I either need to pony up for a new keyboard or keep up this frustrating practice or reconnecting the keyboard every five minutes? Thanks MS!

Collapse -
Workaround?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2008 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks MS!

Did you try another Bluetooth USB dongle?

Collapse -
New Dongle
by jkendrick23 / June 2, 2008 2:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Workaround?

Nope. Where might one procure said dongle?

Collapse -
What country?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2008 4:12 AM PDT
In reply to: New Dongle

In the USA we find them in the dumpster or growing in the cornfields. Other countries may have to go to Central Services and fill out a few dozen forms. Sorry but I may not be taking your question seriously since we go shopping at places where such things or sold or the internet if need be.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!