Samsung forum

Resolved Question

MRT on Samsung PN64F6500

I am in process of buying PN64F6500 that suppose to be almost new. When I check MRT in service menu the I saw number 1608. If this mean that this TV was running for over 1600hr. Thanks for respond.

rafalczerwonka has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MRT on Samsung PN64F6500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MRT on Samsung PN64F6500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
What was the outcome here? I have the same issue.

In reply to: MRT on Samsung PN64F6500

I just received a "NIB" PN60F8500..when hitting Mute-7-3-7-enter..the MRT says 84. Is this a refurb? You know, we pay quite a lot of money for these TVs and should expect to get straight answers.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by rafalczerwonka

Collapse -
So it's not new?

Collapse -
Answer
Re: MRT on Samsung PN64F6500

Hi rafalczerwonka,

In the service menu panel display time will show the hours of usage for the TV. Just be aware that accessing the service menu on your TV will void the warranty.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung tech. support answer.

In reply to: Re: MRT on Samsung PN64F6500

Thanks.
I asked the same question Samsung tech. support, the answer from them is below:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

After going through your email, I understand that you would like to know if the TV that you have purchased from retail outlet is a used once.

I would be glad to assist you with the required information.

Please do not trust any third party websites or the Forums as Samsung does not recommend them. It is not possible to check the time the TV was used. Only the Samsung certified service technician can physically diagnose and would tell if that is a used TV.

As you have received the closed box, TV should be an un-used and is tested by Samsung certified technicians at Manufacturing unit before its dispatched.

Samsung do not have any options to check the time of the TV used.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Tech. support answer

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

After going through your email, I understand that you would like to know if the TV that you have purchased from retail outlet is a used once.

I would be glad to assist you with the required information.

Please do not trust any third party websites or the Forums as Samsung does not recommend them. It is not possible to check the time the TV was used. Only the Samsung certified service technician can physically diagnose and would tell if that is a used TV.

As you have received the closed box, TV should be an un-used and is tested by Samsung certified technicians at Manufacturing unit before its dispatched.

Samsung do not have any options to check the time of the TV used.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Collapse -
Thanks for sharing those.

In reply to: Samsung Tech. support answer

That service menu is nice to know about but you could get into a strange never never land if you admit you went there.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.