Phones forum

General discussion

MPX200 doubt

by holass / April 6, 2005 5:23 AM PDT

Hello, im new to this forum but i signed in to clearout some doubts i have, im considering in getting a mpx200 phone, mostly becasue of its ability to reproduce VIDEOS, as i want i sort of a DVD player, so i asked a fellow techinician, who fixes several phones how did this model responded when playing a video and he told me that it doesnt reproduce a 10 point quality video and that somethimes it frozes and the video is showed like a jpeg slideshow, but when i surfed aroud this forum, i found many people saying how good was mpx200, and other how bad, but there was some1 who rated the phone with a 10 saying he used it as a dvd player, like i want it, so my question is simple, apart from the great fuction mpx performs (surfing the web with pocket internet explorer, using MSN messanger, listening to mp3 files, etc) DOES IT REPRODUCE GOOD QUALITY VIDEOS? taking in consideration i would download pockettv and use optimized mpeg videos to play on it.
thanks and best regards

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MPX200 doubt
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MPX200 doubt
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
not impressed by mpx200
by heyjoe916 / April 6, 2005 1:15 PM PDT
In reply to: MPX200 doubt

I had it for almost 5 months and I became more and more frustrated with it. The quality of the videos were pretty good, yet i only watched the default windows media player .6 second video. I can definitely relate with have the phone freeze all the time. There are new firmwares out now or whatever that means so maybe some bugs are fixed.
But overall- don't buy it- and why aren't you considering the mpx220 anyway? I haven't tried the 220 b/c of my poor experiences w/ the 200.

Collapse -
nokia or moto
by holass / April 6, 2005 2:20 PM PDT

i see so you dont recomend mpx200 as a dvd player, now im considering nokia`s 3650, is it good for video playback, does it support any size sd/mmc card, casue i read somewhere that its max was a 128mb card, can you use a 256mb, 512mb 1gb card on it? and is there a soft, like pocket tv for widnwos mobile based smartphones, that lets you play dvd`s on your 3650?
thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Stay Away From MPX220 & Cingular!!!
by Downhillr / April 8, 2005 4:48 AM PDT
In reply to: MPX200 doubt

I bought this phone and it's an absolute nightmare ... I have now had it replaced on 3 different occassions due to bugs in the operating system and it's resolved NOTHING! Worse, I have had to deal with Cingular and you honestly couldn't ask for a WORSE provider. I have had TMobile, Sprint, Nextel, and AT&T (pre-acquistion)... And despite all their hype ... Cingular is the absolute worst! Their customer service is an absolute JOKE and they are far more interested in running customers around than they are in rectifying problems ...

Collapse -
BAD MPx220 times 5
by DOGONIT1 / June 9, 2005 9:57 PM PDT

I big time agree w Donwhillr, I have had my MPx220 replaced 5 times since October 2004 due to a variety of problems. Cingular is not interested in helping you with any phone they just want get you in a contract and you are their's for at least two years.
You may have noticed that cingular does not even carry or sell the MPx220 on their website nor has, nor does any other company. when it works it does a great job but only for about two months before it gets to go back to cingular and I am without a phone for the average of two weeks or more that it is gone. It is just angering. Thanks for listening and good luck to any sucker who bought an Motorola MPx220.
Sincerely, JImmy Jones 239-285-5609

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.