Cameras forum

General discussion

MPSuperstore - BEWARE

by pol128 / October 24, 2005 3:06 AM PDT

This place is suspect at best. Vendor called to try to sell an extended warranty. Started at $900 and ended up at $250 (after hidden coupons and "talking to the manager") what kind of stupidity is that?

Then I started to read the forums. I think most of the positives must be employees flooding the net to bring the score up. Sure, they seem to have the least expensive price, but so far 6 weeks and no TV (first unit came back broken with metal shards in the bottom of the box).

The customer support girl seemed at least OK, but they don't seem to keep track of anything. The conversation always starts off that they shipped the TV already. I had to remind them that the TV was sent back damaged and I'm waiting for a new one to be sent back (which I sent back two weeks ago). They stated the replacement will be out in two days, then by Monday, now can't get it out till Friday. After the delays, I asked for a refund, guess what, shipping isn't refundable. Thus, they have my money and me in a vice.

One last chance and I start calling my credit card company on consumer fraud, my local Federal and NYC comsumer fraud office (over state lines)and my lawyer.

Don't let the lowest price snag you it. It's nothing if you don't get what you paid for. Go with a "name" brand company. Read the forums (and be suspicious of 5 star ratings). BIZRATE and CNET approvals are useless..all a vendor needs is to flood the system with high ratings. Check the BBB website and note that many of these Internet companies are owned by the same store front. BEWARE! Once a vendor has your money, they are in charge and it may cost you more to resolve it than write off the loss in the end.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MPSuperstore - BEWARE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MPSuperstore - BEWARE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!