Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

MP4 PLAYER - "FORMAT ERROR"

Got problem with my mp4 player. the first time i copied mp3 files into it, seems no problem occurred. But after that, every time i try to add in new mp3 files into it and when i try to open the file on my mp4, the message "Format error" pops out on the screen. Help me pls since i'm new with this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP4 PLAYER - "FORMAT ERROR"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP4 PLAYER - "FORMAT ERROR"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MP4 "File Format Error"

In reply to: MP4 PLAYER - "FORMAT ERROR"

8gb generic MP4 China touch screen player. This was driving me crazy

I download the free version of "Any Video Converter"
http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

With these settings:
Customized AVI Move (*.avi)
Video Size 320x240
Video Bitrate 192
Video Framerate 25
Audio Codec mp2
Audio Bitrate 128
Sample Rate 44100
I converted a TV show and a couple of full length movies without problems. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
MP3 format erros

I have the exact same problem. I downloaded mp3 files from Limewire into my computer and uploaded them to my mp3/mp4 player with no problems. Now when I try to add new files, "Format Errors" pop up.

If you find a solution, please let me know

Collapse -
Now try this.

In reply to: MP3 format erros

Instead of limewire content, get some from a CD. Who expects limewire stuff to work here? Not me.

Collapse -
The Answer is easy

Collapse -
This worked for me...

In reply to: The Answer is easy

Anytime I deleted an individual file from the player using the PC software the error messages would occur and basically render the whole playlist corrupt. Delete all files using the menu system of the device and then reload the files all at once. This solved the problems in my player. When I tried to add incividual files or delete others via the file management on my computer the problems came back. As for other information about actual memory size etc I have not gotten there yet. It is important not to try and format this device using your standard PC utilities. Delete and manage files from the device menu system and all will be well. Delete and load playlists or libraries as a whole and you should be pleased with the cheap player's performance.

Hope this helps

Collapse -
Me too

I have got a problem too. I did the converting but it didn't work????

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.