Would have it all set up for them by the tech or parent. My 4 year old did OK after I setup their desktop but would have never done it no matter how long the instructions.
Also, he didn't read much till later. I think you meant someone older but for 4 year olds you set it up for them as in, you could hire a computer or life coach to help you get to your goals.
-> In the past I've seen such requests and like many 4 year olds they often break into a tantrum. I'll understand if that happens.
Okay... where to start.... I’ve started meditating and like to utilize instrumental meditation music either during actual meditation or as I fall asleep. Thus far, I’ve been listening to meditation CDs on a mini boom box that sits on my nightstand, and I’ve encountered two problems:
1) The “mini” boom box has a huge footprint for a nightstand -- about 9” x 13” – but if I set it up someplace roomier (like my dresser, which is farther from the bed), I have to turn up the volume, which then disturbs other folks in my household.
2) A lot of the meditation music I’ve found is available as an mp3 download, but not on CD.
Although I’m not ruling it out, I’ve never had any desire to have an iPod or to deal with mp3 player platforms (is that the right word?). My kids had iPods when they were younger and trying to navigate iTunes made me want to hang myself. I’m not particularly tech-savvy when it comes to burning CDs or mp3 disks. (Actually, there’s no “particularly” about it. I’m clueless!) I shop Amazon a lot, and have found loads of beautiful mp3 albums there, but my computer is in the kitchen and I don’t want to meditate or sleep in my kitchen....
So!... What are my options that fit as many of the following criteria as possible:
1) Small footprint on my nightstand.
2) Ability to play mp3s and CDs on the same device.
3) Idiot-friendly with regard to technology.
4) Ability to access mp3s downloaded from Amazon, etc.
4) NO HEADPHONES OR EARBUDS REQUIRED, because I hate them, and because I want to be able to fall asleep to some of this music without choking myself with cords in the middle of the night.
Have I backed myself into a corner with so many stipulations? Honestly, I don’t understand this stuff. I just want to meditate and sleep well with minimal fuss! All helpful answers are appreciated. Please explain any of your suggestions thoroughly... as if you were talking to a 4-year-old. =)