Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books

Hello Everyone,
I would like to get an MP3 player for my father. He loves to read, but his site is going and is having a hard time reading.
I would like to know of what MP3 players are the easiest to use for someone with little to no knowledge of tech and that holds a fair amounbt of space.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
We have an open discussion for this.

In reply to: MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books

Collapse -
Re: MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books

In reply to: MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books

Choosing an MP3 is only one part of the equation. You have to consider where he's going to get the content. Is Audible, for example, friendly for the visually impaired? Is he computer literate?

I would suggest that you contact your local library, they can help guide you in choosing the best option for your father. They probably carry audio books on tape or CD for free which may be a better option for him. I'm not sure if you could legally get the audiobooks then rip them to an Mp3 player (hint, hint).

As far as the player goes if you go the MP3 route take him to the store to allow him to play with the various players. I don't know his physical condition but if he has arthritis look for players with bigger buttons. I mentioned earlier check out portable CD or tape players while in the store, if he's not knowledge with MP3 players then he may go for the CDs and tapes.

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: Re: MP3 players EASIEST to use for audio books

Thank you!! Those are great suggestions!!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.