If so, copy it out.
And where is the backup copy? These external hard disks and players are not storage. I fear many learn this the hard way.
I have two pcs, both run XP, one works, one does not, same software for audio on both:
1. I plug in my Zen and get a pop up asking me if I want to synch.
2. I click on Windows Media of Mediamonkey (I tried both) but neither can find the device.
3. The device does not appear in the list of drives in My PC (all other drives appear, as do other external drives.
4. The device flashes and shows that it is connected to the PC but the PC shows no sign of a connection.
5. i have checked all the software updates and this seems to be okay (and it used to work, so updates shouldn't be required).
This worked fine last time I tried it, so I have 40G of music and audio that I can't replace unless I use my other PC and move all my stored audio to that one first.
Any ideas for what might be wrong are appreciated