General discussion

MP3 player where you can select track number easily?

I'm looking for an MP3 player (either CD-based, or flash if its capacity is 1GB or higher). For our purposes it will have 225 songs in it, but their names are simply the numbers 001 through 225. Lots of people with very little technological mojo are going to be using it, so I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for them by just letting them enter the song number they want and then hit 'play'. (Like with a number pad or something. It would also be an added bonus if it could optionally be set up to stop after playing one song, rather than continue on to the next, but that's not absolutely necessary.) Portability is not an issue, as it will be staying in one place. I'd appreciate any suggestions and thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MP3 player where you can select track number easily?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MP3 player where you can select track number easily?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
MPXplay

MPXplay
http://www.geocities.com/mpxplay/

I used this for a bit years ago (right when first gen Ipods came out ) in my car. I had a old P 1 233mhz with 8 megs ram (round abouts just trying to show it does not use much system resources)

It will fit your bill in terms of selecting 1-255 and if you had a display would let them see track and such. it will auto resume if turned off.

As to the playing on and not cont.. it might be possable but i never needed such functions.

I was able to operate this in the car with a simple numeric keypad and did not need a monitor at all.

- Collapse -
RE: MPXplay

Wow, how much would the hardware for that cost? (I was thinking along the lines of a Sansa with a number pad, if such a thing exists.)

- Collapse -
advice

use your own computer
use the numeric keypad to test out
configure it get it to how you want..

to make something that would do what you need would take for the most part a cheap basic system with windows (if you have a old computer laying about that would do)

and i might add a sound card that has decent sound if you need quality

- Collapse -
It's available!

Digital Media Sound Player available at Audio Acoustics - (88Cool 869-0770 - Ask for Micah
Keypad with numbers 0-9, LED display, 3 memories, song stops automatically at end. 1GB SD Card supplied with the unit!

CNET Forums

Forum Info