General discussion

MP3 player type, I think.

I am looking for a type of MP3 music player with a card slot. It needs good head set to block out the noise of the work place. I run a sewing machine on a clothing production line and it is a very noise place, (1) I would like to have a card slot that I can transfer from of my CD music to the card. (2) It needs a larger built-in memory of about 1000+ songs. (3) Long life battery, as I work 8 to 12 hour days.
(4) What are theses WAV, JPEG, MP3, WMA, AVI
(5) Voice recorder so I can make a shopping list.
How do I get the music I want onto this player. Do I down load the music and how much does it cost?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MP3 player type, I think.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MP3 player type, I think.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You don't really need a card slot

What you do is first rip your cd to your computer then plug in the mp3 player into your computer and copy the songs to it. If you get a big enough (as in gb) mp3 player it might hold all your music. Or if it has a card slot you can add more songs to it. I have an older 2gb Sansa E520 and bought a 1gb MicroSD card for it. I love mine. The battery lasts for like 20hrs. Look around at all the models. I think you can get real big ones like 16gb or 32gb.

Also you buy the headphones separately. So you can buy some real expensive noise reducing headphones.

- Collapse -
MP3 player type

Thank you for the info, I have been looking online to try to find what I want.
1. SD card slot 2. 4 gb 3. long player (20 hours, that is great)
I was thinking that I could get a couple of SD cards and put Christmas music, Gospel, Old country, 50s & 60s on a different SD cards. That way I can choose what I feel like. I'm not sure it that will work or not.

- Collapse -
Did you check with the boss...

if it's ok to listen to music with both of you ears covered up. As for mp3 players, there are lots to choose from out there.

- Collapse -
MP3 player type, I think. by no9to5wdm

Yes, I was told when I was hired that a lot of people have Music players with headsets. It is really loud in the shop, I currently use ear plugs. You are correct about the number of MP3 type players to choose from.

- Collapse -
MP3 type player

Headset - You can get noise cancelling headsets to play your music on but these can be considered a workplace hazard you will need to check on this. There are 2 main types of standard earphone the type that kind of sits in your earlobe area and there is another type that fits in your ear canal the second is much better at keeping out noise. You may want to consider full headphone but these are much bulkier.

To get enough storage for 1000+ songs you rule of thumb is about 350 songs per Gb (Gigabyte)for 1000 songs allow 3Gb ( you will probably not get 3Gb player go for 4Gb player).
lots of the MP3 players on the market now have recording facility (may be called voice record)

Battery life can be an issue these days the screen generally uses most of the power - so larger the screen - the more power used - the more likely battery life will be shorter. If you find something in the middle you can have the best of both worlds. I use Samsung players the screen is adequate on my YPK series yet I get around 15 hours of continuous play from it.

WAV JPEG MP3 WMA AVI are all media formats so as not to confuse you only need for music to concentrate on WMA and MP3 these are 2 two of the more popular formats that will be recognised by virtually every player on the market.

Dowloading music To get music on your player you will most probably need a computer or a more expensive player with WiFi. An Ipod with WIFI and Itunes account can be an expensive option. Itunes software can be a nightmare on a PC but is not so complicated when downloading direct to an ipod. If budget is an issue I would talk to a teen ager and get them to show you how to download MP3's. For teenagers dowloading music and putting on your phone or player is just what they do!!

If you would like some further advice try this site it an information site dedicated to MP3 players www.wmamp3player.com
there is a large amount of information and reviews just on MP3 players.

I hope this has been of some help

- Collapse -
MP 3 Player

Thanks, This answers a lot of my questions.

CNET Forums

Forum Info