Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

MP3 Player that deletes on the fly?

by ianhodur / January 20, 2006 7:09 AM PST

I'm simply looking for an MP3 player where, when I am over a song, I can just delete it directly from the player.

Ipod won't do it and the iRiver 320 requires to you stop playing all usic (not just the song you are deleting and then navigate back to you music to start playing agin.

Anyone know of a playe that'll do it? Any and all suggestions are apprecaited.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP3 Player that deletes on the fly?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP3 Player that deletes on the fly?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Creative Nomad
by TonyNder / January 20, 2006 7:45 AM PST

I have a 30GB Creative Nomad Zen Xtra which does exactly what you are talking about. Now, maybe that is too much capacity for you, the other versions of the Nomad may also do this. Not only was the Nomad 10GB more than the 20GB iPod, it also cost $90 less. While it is a little larger physically, I much prefer the interface and the fact that I can use any software to manage it and not just iTunes.

Collapse -
Creative Labs Zen
by StephenDaniels / January 20, 2006 7:45 AM PST

At least the Creative Labs Zen Xtra can do it. Just looked at mine for sure, and yup, it can.

BTW: Your post came up on Google's Side Bar News Feed! Ha!

Collapse -
that's funny
by TonyNder / January 20, 2006 7:46 AM PST
In reply to: Creative Labs Zen

You and I replied to this guy at the exact same time with the exact same answer ... funny. I too found this via Google Sidebar.

Collapse -
MP3 Player that deletes on the fly
by jwbogardus / January 20, 2006 12:00 PM PST

I own 5 different MP3 players and ONLY one that will delete on the fly is 'Radio Your Way' from POGO Products.
It is by far the best. Besides being a good MP3 player is is also a voice recorder, and AM/FM Radio, I believe I paid $249 about 18 months ago.

email is jimbogardus@frontiernet.net

Collapse -
Creative
by bufu3284 / January 20, 2006 12:40 PM PST

Creative Zen Micro does it.

Collapse -
Toshiba Gigabeat.
by hoob / January 20, 2006 8:27 PM PST
In reply to: Creative

It allows you to delete music on the fly. All deleted music goes to the Recycle Bin. And then you can choose to permanently delete music, or restore it if you so choose.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?