Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

MP3 player recommendation?

I am hoping you all can recommend an MP3 player for me. I am not interested in an IPod. I would like something with a minimum of 2GB and FM Radio. I would like something that I can load using my Windows Media Player. If that is not possible, I would like something that uses a simple interface (small file for my harddrive). I would love to keep the price under $150. If there is something that has lots of cute accessories (skins, cases, etc) or can use the IPod accessories, that would be great as well. It would also be a nice feature if it could use microSD cards to make it expandable. I like those decorative things. Any suggestions you can give me would be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP3 player recommendation?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP3 player recommendation?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Sounds like the Sanza.

In reply to: MP3 player recommendation?

Collapse -
Particular Model?

In reply to: Sounds like the Sanza.

Is there any particular model of Sansa that is best.

Collapse -
How I found mine.

In reply to: Particular Model?

Mine has no FM so hit Cnet reviews and search or Amazon.com and type in Sanza to find what's being offered today.

Collapse -
My Sansa "Clip" and I are inseparable

In reply to: MP3 player recommendation?

I got the 4 gigger at Costco for 60 bucks.
My PC recognizes it easily and 4 GB is enough to manage.
FM is clear.
It also has a mic for quick spoken notes.
I'm a happy rocker.

Collapse -
the Clip is nice

In reply to: My Sansa "Clip" and I are inseparable

Unfortunately, doesn't have an expansion slot. If you want a relatively simple device and you can live with 4GB, it's a great device. While I am an iPod user, this is my go to player for listening to my Rhapsody subscription. Of course, you don't need to use any subscription service. It will work fine with WMP.

Collapse -
more memory? not needed.

In reply to: the Clip is nice

The clip is small yet has a readable screen - unlike the iPod Shuffle.
I don't feel it needs an expansion slot for as easy it is to plug it in and download enough songs for a week or two stint.
With no subscription needed, WMP sync it seemlessly.
I came close to buying the 2 GB at Walmart just before my wife saw the 4 gig at Costco for 10 bucks more.
And I like its attachability.

Collapse -
I bought mine last Thanksgiving weekend.

In reply to: more memory? not needed.

At the excellent price (at the time) of $35 for 2GB at Best Buy's Thanksgiving sale. So cheap I bought another one which I ended giving as a gift. I saw the 4GB one at Costco too. As much as I love a good deal, I had to pass. I have 9 or 10 mp3 players already.

I just wanted to point out for the OP that it doesn't have an expansion slot (since he/she would like to have one). If 2 or 4GB is enough, then you don't need one.

Collapse -
Thanksgiving weekend?

In reply to: I bought mine last Thanksgiving weekend.

I didn't know the Clip came out back then.

Collapse -
(NT) it came out mid October

In reply to: Thanksgiving weekend?

Collapse -
the 4GB was more recent

In reply to: it came out mid October

I think the 4GB was announced in the winter, but I didn't start seeing it in stores until a couple of months ago.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.