Mac Applications forum

General discussion

MP3 "joining" application

by Empathy / January 25, 2006 12:09 AM PST

OK, so I have a fair amount of music that continues seamlessly from track to track. Now that I've ripped my music library, I'm finding that the iPod adds a slight pause in between songs that I find incredibly annoying. I know that when burning a CD in iTunes, you can remove the pause inbetween tracks, but there doesn't appear to be any way to do this on the iPod.

The only solution I've been able to think of is to find an app that joins MP3 files together. That way, the iPod will just be dealing with one long file.

Does anyone know of any apps that do this? I'm running OS X Tiger. The first app I found was "Albumwrap", but that hasn't had a code update since 2001, and the OS X Beta that have posted on the site has a corrupt Stuffit Archive. I found another app called "MP3 Trimmer" that had a joining functionality as well. that appeared to work... until I listened to the resulting file. It joined them together, and ADDED a pause between files! Grrr.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP3 "joining" application
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP3 "joining" application
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 25, 2006 7:22 AM PST

go into the Preferences and under the Playback tab, put a check mark in the "Crossfade Playback" and set the time to 0.
Close preferences.
Pick a couple of tracks and play them. I found that it went straight from one track to the other without a pause. Any pause that did show up was later proved to be on the track to begin with.

Let us know if this works for you

P

Collapse -
I'll try that, but...
by Empathy / January 26, 2006 12:51 AM PST
In reply to: Try this

Are there equivalent settings on an iPod? That's what I've been unable to find. I've talked with other friends that are iPod users that have been unable to get rid of the pause between songs as well.

Collapse -
On mine
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 26, 2006 4:28 AM PST
In reply to: I'll try that, but...

if the play list has these settings, that's the way it plays on my ipod.

Hmmm

P

Collapse -
My mistake
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 3, 2006 11:44 PM PST
In reply to: I'll try that, but...

I went back and rechecked, for myself, to see if the gaps were still there on the iPod.
My researcher is now claiming that they misunderstood the question.

The gaps are still there and as far as I have been able to find out, there is no way to remove them short of making one long file.

Some albums at the Music Store already do this, Madonna for instance

sorry for the false information

P

Collapse -
No prob
by Empathy / February 13, 2006 11:22 PM PST
In reply to: My mistake

Guess I'll look around, and try some different apps. I'll let you know if I find anything that works adequately.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?