Computer Help forum

Question

MP3 Album Artwork Issue

by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 5:55 AM PDT

My album artwork for each individual songs are not there anymore. I have never had this issue until lately. They show up in my WMP, but in my folders from my PC LIbrary they do not show up. The JPG picture is in the folder, but none of the songs show a picture or album artwork at all. This is driving me insane trying to figure out what it could be. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MP3 Album Artwork Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MP3 Album Artwork Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
No Windows version noted.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 6:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
Clarification request
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 6:10 AM PDT

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (x86). It is not a matter of changing a picture or album artwork. They don't show up on my MP3 SINGLES, not the folder itself. When I highlight the single MP3, it just shows a picture of "MP3", and not the album artwork. Hopefully that makes sense.

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Ok, let's try again.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 6:16 AM PDT

". They show up in my WMP, but in my folders from my PC LIbrary they do not show up."

WMP has it's way to show icons which does not extend into Windows (7) Explorer.

I could be wrong but it sounds like you want WMP's functionality to extend to Explorer (which it does not today.)
Bob

Collapse -
Album Artwork Reply
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 6:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok, let's try again.

So now they aren't going to work in my Music folder on Windows 7 anymore? Just suddenly they don't appear one day? They have been in existence for several years, so I find that odd, unless PC or OS updates have changed that scenario. I'm just picky, I reckon. I like the picture to be on the MP3's itself as well, just as it is on the icon picture of the folder itself. If there isn't a way to do that now, then I'd like to know, so I won't go nuts anymore... lol

Collapse -
Clarification Request
MUCH CLEARER. You want this in EXPLORER just like in WMP.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 6:32 AM PDT

I remember a discussion like this and in the end it was some Monkey Media or OTHER App that had enabled such a thing. Let's see if there is a way to get this in Explorer without too much work.

Sorry I couldn't find the old discussion but here's another app for that.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/add-album-cover-images-your-mp3-file-icons.htm

I think I see the confusion but I can't guess what addon or app did this for you before,
Bob

Collapse -
Explanation Further
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 6:42 AM PDT

Here is a detailed example:

Collapse -
(NT) That is a solution. Thumbs up !!
by my-tech / April 21, 2011 7:49 AM PDT
Collapse -
Clarification Request
CLARIFICATION.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 7:22 AM PDT

When you select Question as the forum post type, you limit replies and may hamper this from being a discussion.

I'd avoid that choice.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 6:53 AM PDT

I think I failed to clarify that Explorer and WMP are different things.
I also think I failed to explain how this issue was discussed before and we found some add-on that was helping explorer show those icons,.

Let's see if anyone else will take a stab at this. After too many times of seeing this, it's always some old addon the owner has forgotten about.

WHY IT STOPS WORKING is usually some update to Windows or WMP.
Bob

Collapse -
No problem.
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 6:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

I just hope I can resolve this soon, as to finding out what I can do for them to reappear. Is that what you are meaning, by someone else taking a stab at it? I'm lost, sorry.

Collapse -
Other members hopefully with chime in,
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 7:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
Had to reply with this one.
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 7:11 AM PDT

I couldn't find a reply button on the last post you typed. No, I have tried re-tagging, re-doing another folder, re-arranging the music in a different wma to mp3 and vise-versa. Nothing has worked at all. It's quite frustrating. I have no idea what is keeping the album artwork from showing up on the MP3's in the album itself. I have all the album artwork that I need/want in every music folder that I have, it just is now not showing on the Mp3's itself.

Collapse -
So that App doesn't work?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 7:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
No Application.
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 7:25 AM PDT

No application works. I need to head out for a bit, so if I don't respond for a while, you'll know why.

Collapse -
Answer
They show up in my WMP, but in my folders from my PC LIbrary
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
The program
by Alex37166 / April 21, 2011 11:24 AM PDT

I looked at this page. I have searched and searched for this specific program or something even near it, and can't find it. I do think that can solve my issue. I just need a more direct page to know what to find and what to download, etc. Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.