General discussion

moving to dubai with hard drives

Hi,

Does anybody know if I can purchase power supplies for my hard drives already set up for the dubai voltage system or 220v.

Or what would be my best option for using my hard drives whilst living in Dubai (i have wayyy to much infor on them that i can't afford to lose)

thanks
nnekalb

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: moving to dubai with hard drives
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: moving to dubai with hard drives
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
"We only lose what we don't backup."

The moderators all know this. But to your question. You didn't reveal if these were bard hard drives or hard drives in some USB enclosure. Looking at the power supply adapter for one of my externals it is marked 100 to 240 VAC so I am ready.
Bob

- Collapse -
hard drive types

My bad.. the drives are all either fire wire or usb external drives, and all but 2 say 100 to 240v, they both say just 12v.. I never paid attention to that before...

thank you for your advice

- Collapse -
240/220

The UK 240v power supply will run fine at 220v.

You will just need a different mains plug/adapter.

CNET Forums

Forum Info