General discussion

moving norton to another pc

Hi folks
I have Norton Internet Security 2009 (3 license version) installed on 3 pcs. One of these has recently 'died', and I have purchased a new laptop to replace it. I am currently running a pre-installed 30 day trial firewall but would like to install the Norton software (I have the disk). Will it install OK and work properly even though it will, in effect, be installed on 4 pcs?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: moving norton to another pc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: moving norton to another pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Since it is a retail version ...

that can be installed on any three of your choice PCs and since the one computer is "dead" and being replaced it is only going to be used on the threee functioning computers so such use is legal by the Norton EULA.

if there is any problem during the installation (there shouldn't be) on the new computer simply call Symantec Support or Customer Service and explain why it is installed on a different computer and they will be happy to assist.

- Collapse -
re: Since it is a retail version

Thanks Edward

- Collapse -
EULA agreement

Its at Norton's discretion to allow you to get a 4th system as only 3 are allowed. As Edward mentioned, you may need to contact Norton to get it to work or proceed onwards. Norton does keep track of these things. I know you mentioned one system is kaput, but Norton only knows 3 have already been installed, so you're bumping the EULA agreement. Norton tends to stick to its guns as it were, just be prepared for bad news vs. good.

tada -----Willy Shocked

CNET Forums