Question

Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help moving data pls

As the title states, I'm switching back from Mac to PC. The new Windows runs Windows 8. I have all of my precious photos (I love photography in particular) and music stored on an external hard drive (iomega), but it's been formatted for Mac OS. I read that you can't transfer from a Mac OS formatted drive to a PC.

Telling me to reformat the ext. hdd to fat32 isn't going to help, because first of all, that would delete the valuable data, and fat32 only allows the transfer of files less than 4GB.

Please tell me how I can transfer all of my data on my Mac OS X-formatted external drive to my new Windows PC. It is absolutely essential, and I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help moving data pls
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Moving from Mac to Windows. Need help moving data pls
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
no need to repeat this post

in two differdnt forums.

- Collapse -
excuse me 3 different forums
Confused
- Collapse -
no need to

be a ****.

- Collapse -
LOL

you really make it easy for someone to help you. Good Luck With That!

- Collapse -
Haha

...says the guy bltching about cross-posts

- Collapse -
Alert the icky post and ask for it to be removed.

We can clean this up so you can start over.
Bob

- Collapse -
Problem solved in the Mac OS X forum

thread locked here

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info