Question

Moving apps storage to my memory chip on my phone...

I need to move about 3 or 4 apps to my memory chip on my phone because the internal storage is getting too full...
Thanks
Thomas

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Moving apps storage to my memory chip on my phone...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Moving apps storage to my memory chip on my phone...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Does your unknown make/model/os phone support this?
- Collapse -

I don't know. It's a HTC shift from Sprint...

- Collapse -
Try this.

Find the Manage Applications and tap on an app. Does it show the move to SD feature?

- Collapse -

Some do and some do not.

- Collapse -
AHA. So the mystery is solved.

Your device does support the move to SD card. So if an app can be moved, that's where it's at.

If you want to repeat the old question about why apps don't move, go right ahead but it has been discussed before.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
What version of Android OS ??

Froyo, Gingerbread, or Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS) ?? I honestly don't know what version of Android OS the device has installed on it.

- Collapse -

Android 2.3.4

- Collapse -
That might....

....make a difference. If your phone doesn't have a feature to move the applications you need to search for and install one that will accomplish your goal. Wish I could offer an application name, but I don't know one. Hopefully, someone can offer a solution and post a name (Please, no hyperlinks) of such an app.

CNET Forums