Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Moviepass.tv

by calacci / April 21, 2006 12:32 AM PDT

i Have moviepass.tvt installed on the computer which i cannot get rid of , i tried to run ewido scan but the scan stoped at 21% and nothing seemed to work , Tried to scan the computer with lavasoft and it did not find any thing help need pls !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Moviepass.tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Moviepass.tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi Tom..
by Carol~ Moderator / May 8, 2006 2:29 PM PDT

I only mentioned it, because Bugbatter said s/he was doing research on it. That being the case, I thought it would help a great deal, even if it was meant for one person. I don't see any harm in it. Since the forum didn't benefit from earlier research, I didn't think it was an issue. I was really only looking to give Bugbatter ''a helping hand'', if I could. I know what you're saying though. Maybe if others are interested, they could also email via the page I posted. The information is there, if anyone else is interested. And who know's? Maybe it will be posted here.

Carol Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank You, Carol
by Bugbatter / May 9, 2006 12:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
Short of Taping Phone Conversation, How Would You Prove....
by tobeach / April 22, 2006 5:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Thakns but

you ever made the "cancellation call"? Being an 888 #, there wouldn't even be a registration of a Long Distance call on your phone bill to offer as proof. Hmmm...X-(

Collapse -
aamit81.. This may help..
by Carol~ Moderator / April 21, 2006 4:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Moviepass.tv

I see it's also listed as Movieland and according to this post moviepass.tv 'uses MediaPipe software and technology'. You could also try reading this. This site claims to get rid of it, but to be honest, I haven't read through it too carefully. In case you hadn't tried HJT yet, I thought I'd give you some additional options.

Good luck..
Carol

Collapse -
Thanks, Carol ! Good read ...
by Marianna Schmudlach / April 21, 2006 5:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
Marianna
by tomron / April 21, 2006 1:09 PM PDT

I don,t hang out there,lets say that i,ve been around the block a few hundred times.

The moral to my statement is,like i said i do agree with you.I just went on my gut instinct.

Keeping in mind that i'm no expert in computers,whats my knowledge in computers,whats that word,ahhh,ZERO LOL.

I'm glad you liked the hiker and the snake story.It says so much about human nature.

Like i tell my wife,theres a difference between being nice and being a sucker.

Tom Happy

Collapse -
and if all else fails
by jonah jones / April 21, 2006 4:54 PM PDT

use a pop up blocker

jonah

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ROLF
by tomron / April 21, 2006 4:54 PM PDT
In reply to: and if all else fails
Collapse -
i donot want movie pass
by mvdist / April 26, 2006 12:10 PM PDT

i am not interested in movie pass at all i was checking out their free trail went away on the holiday now the reminders would not come off my screen how come if something is a free trial their asking you to pay pay what for what they can obviously see that am not using it how do i get rid of these annoying reminders?

Collapse -
The Information Is Here
by Bugbatter / April 26, 2006 12:20 PM PDT

Please read the messages in this thread. There is information and alternatives provided so that you can make an informed decision as to which method of removal you would like to use.

Collapse -
I have read
by sfbaynathan / April 29, 2006 10:15 AM PDT

I have read all that was posted to this thread, and feel that all the information is relavent. However I have neer heard of an HJT site. and don't feel comfertable goig to a sight with Highjack in its name, let along sending them collected information on my computer. I am going to try the other site first, and if that does not work.... Well we will see.

Collapse -
It's like calling in the bomb squad.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 29, 2006 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: I have read

I offer the analogy with the lightest of comedy. HJT forums and the HIJACKTHIS program avoids what many are doing to eject some pests which is to format the PC and reload the OS.

I see the use of HJT (software and forums) to be the same as calling in the bomb squad. Done right, the pests are removed without losing the building.

Bob

Collapse -
thank you but...
by sfbaynathan / April 29, 2006 12:35 PM PDT

Thank you for the anology, but what is stopping the bomb squad from planting more bombs. I mean you are giving them almost complete and free access to you system by sending them a report based on what there software finds. how do we know that there software is not getting more info than just what we see. Not trying to discourage there services, and I might use them once i vivsit there websites. but come on they could have come up with a more trusting name. hehe

Collapse -
No Problem
by Bugbatter / April 29, 2006 1:06 PM PDT
In reply to: thank you but...

If you use the ones that are recommended here by V&SA they can be trusted. The staff at those sites is dedicated and is just as interested in helping people as the staff here.
Let us know how you make out.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Wonderful Analogy, Bob! LOL!
by Bugbatter / April 29, 2006 1:07 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?