Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

mov to mpeg

by Cycleman / January 14, 2009 12:14 PM PST

I did a quick search of this forum about converting a mov format to mpeg.

I found this link: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

This software was suggested by moderators of this forum, so that's good enough for me.

One more question: does the conversion just convert, or will the conversion degrade the final output?

I have HD mov files from a new camera (DSLR) and would like to retain the quality.

I'd also pay for this ability, if there is some other program that will do better.

Thanks.

Al

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: mov to mpeg
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: mov to mpeg
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Moderator or not...this thing sounds just too good tobe true
by ahtoi / January 14, 2009 1:19 PM PST
In reply to: mov to mpeg

Why don't you download Nero9 for a trial and see if it does what you need. I have not try it because my OS doesn't meet the requirement; If you XP or later then give it a go.

Collapse -
It's really good stuff.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2009 3:15 AM PST

Let me add two more names to supercharge this solution.

DVD FLICK

IMGBURN

Collapse -
Perfect
by Cycleman / January 15, 2009 8:25 AM PST

Bob, thanks much. That's what I'm looking for.

Al

Collapse -
Oh, oh.....
by Cycleman / January 17, 2009 7:02 AM PST
In reply to: mov to mpeg

I finally downloaded the Super program.

When I launched it, my anti-virus popped up a message that there was Trojan in the program.

I did install from the main web page, as they stated.

Needless to say, this thing is off my computer now.

Al

Collapse -
Sponsored links, other than
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2009 9:50 PM PST
In reply to: Oh, oh.....

I'm running into this on some other than the home page noted above. If you download stuff keep scanning. Here Super came up clean.

The WINRAR download.com fiasco is a fine study on this issue.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.