Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

MOV to JPG

by sueglynn / November 7, 2003 7:50 AM PST

I took some video clips with my Nikon camera and wondered if anyone knew if I could convert the MOV files into many jpg images?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MOV to JPG
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MOV to JPG
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:MOV to JPG
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 7, 2003 10:30 AM PST
In reply to: MOV to JPG
Collapse -
by Art / November 7, 2003 3:55 PM PST

I am sure there are programs that can do that but I wonder what kind of jpeg can you get out of it (quality or resolution wise). Just thinking out loud.

Collapse -
Share which programs there are.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 7, 2003 10:16 PM PST
In reply to: Re:MOV to JPG

The quality will be some 320x200 or so with the usual grain (grate?) of ratty NTSC/PAL images. We do this all the time for forensics of CCTV tapes and it's usefull for that. Not much else.

Please share what programs you've found to go from MOV to JPEG sequences with some ease. The method I've used is a bit time-consuming.

Bob

Collapse -
by sueglynn / November 9, 2003 8:05 AM PST

After downloading many programs and trying to see if they did what I wanted I discovered Adobe Photoshop 7.0 worked a treat.

Thanks

Sue

Collapse -
. MOV to .JPG
by barrc / May 12, 2005 12:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:MOV to JPG

I hope that Adobe PhotoShop 7.0 is still around.

I just did the same thing (had my camera in the Movie mode, but thought I was taking pictures.

QT comes up and when I got it registered, tells me that I can import, but then it just falls apart and says sorry, have to exit.

I will go and look for the Adope Photoshop.

Wish me luck

Thanks for the great info, since I seem to step on my own crank while following the 'simple' steps that others have cleared up.

"Wrong Setting or wrong flash memory, or wrong Computer"

Boy I love this stuff

Collapse -
Re images
by gustavekirkwood / May 18, 2005 6:04 AM PDT

ACDSee 6 & 7(http://www.acdsystems.com)uses a Quicktime plug-in to play it's video files. The video player has a frame-capture capability (both single frame and entire vid) I'm not happy at all with the single frame quality but the whole vid capture looks pretty good. Be prepared for a LOT of images depending on the size of your video. You'll have an option of format to "save" to and JPEG is one. It works exceptionally well and fairly quickly. If you want to try it and have any problems let me know.

Collapse -
dowload at CNET
by mary99971 / February 25, 2010 10:00 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

VIDEO

Do you have Google Home?

If you don't like the stock appearance of Google Home, here are two quick and easy ways to make it truly yours.