Video Games & Consoles forum

Question

Mouse Right-Click sometimes not working

by st0rmbreaK / August 24, 2013 4:22 AM PDT

I only just got a Powerlogic Beetle mouse about a month ago, and when I try spamming right-click, it sometimes works and it sometimes doesn't. This is frustrating because I play MOBA games like Dota and League of Legends. For example, when I'm clicking to move, it will register only about 2 out of 5 clicks, and when it's been spammed on for too long it just stops working (just right-click) altogether unless I let it rest for about 5 seconds. I'd really like some insight to what my problem could be. Any help would be appreciated. If this isn't the correct place to post this, I apologise in advance.

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mouse Right-Click sometimes not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mouse Right-Click sometimes not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) Do other mice work OK?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2013 7:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
by st0rmbreaK / August 26, 2013 6:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Do other mice work OK?

The other mice (those of my family members) work fine. Although the problem has gone away, I'm worried that it might come back in the future, so I'm looking for possible explanations to why it happened so I might fix it myself if the problem arises again.

Collapse -
Yes it does come back.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2013 2:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Reply

At the office we have a mouse house. That is, "spares."
Bob

Collapse -
by st0rmbreaK / August 28, 2013 11:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes it does come back.

I do have spares, but this is my favourite at the moment. I'll get some spares though. Never thought I would need them until now.

Collapse -
Ack.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2013 11:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Reply

if changing the mouse fixes it, you know what's up.

Collapse -
by st0rmbreaK / August 28, 2013 8:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Ack.

Yeah sure. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
RE:
by ronald577 / September 23, 2013 8:50 PM PDT

The right click button of your mouse may have got damage due to constant clicks. Try replacing it if it is under warranty other wise buy a good company mouse such as razor which is made only for the gamer guys.

Collapse -
Answer
Right click not working properly
by natmoon8 / December 8, 2013 1:28 PM PST

I had this problem and tracked it down to be an intel driver problem that spams the igfxsrvc.exe for the onboard graphics chip every time you right click,yeah sounds dumb i know,but its true,it messes up and slows down and interferes with your right clicking.
Intel have released a registry fix for this problem and all though it states that it doesn't support win 7 it does and trust me it fixes the right click issue.
Here is the intel site link:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-003927.htm

All though it says nothing about it completely ruining your gaming experience,as it does,and just states its a right click menu remover it fixes the problem immediately without even a reboot needed.
I was almost ready to buy a new mouse,i know this thread is old now but hopefully it will save some people hassle and money if they don't know about the right click issue,a really annoying issue to be sure!

Collapse -
Answer
eft click sometimes
by lstrkth / December 27, 2013 1:26 PM PST

It'in your pop up blocker....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?