Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Mouse Lock!

by sordi / February 24, 2004 12:29 AM PST

after exchanging motherboard/processor/ram (and reinstalling OS) my logitech mouseman is acting weird: when i left-click and hold the button for maybe 3 seconds, the click 'lock' and i have to click again to end it. (lock = same as further holding the button. so when i click and hold an icon till 'lock' i can drag it around till i click again...).

i use win xp pro SP1, newest mouseware and i have a 2nd pc with same OS/mouseware and there i dont have this problem.

mouseware does not provide an option to disable this 'feature', and i dont find anything in the sindows settings.

its really annoying to work with this. any idea welcome!

thx!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mouse Lock!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mouse Lock!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Mouse Lock! = Good example.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2004 12:35 AM PST
In reply to: Mouse Lock!

I never install mouseware or Intellimouse. This is my choice to avoid such things.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Mouse Lock! = Good example.
by sordi / February 24, 2004 12:37 AM PST

heh, so true.. but uninstalling doesnt help now Silly ..and i will NOT format this pc again

Collapse -
Use MSCONFIG to turn it off?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2004 12:50 AM PST

You can disable mouseware in MSCONFIG if need be.

If you can't remove mouseware, look in the REGISTRY for DRAGLOCK.

1. . Click on the "Start" button select RUN.
2. On the Open line, type REGEDIT [ENTER].
3. From the Registry Editor screen, double click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4. Double click on SOFTWARE.
5. Double click on Logitech.
6. Double click on MouseWare.
7. Double click on CurrentVersion.
8. Find your device model from the list under CurrentVersion and double click.
9. Click on the 0000 folder and information should be displayed on the right side of the Registry Editor screen.
10. Under the Name column, double click on the "DragLock" entry and the Edit String Dialogue box should appear.
11. For 3rd button DragLock, modify the Value Data line to read "0010" and click the "OK" button.
12. For 4th button Draglock, modify the Value Date line to read "0001" and click the "OK" button.
13. Exit the Registry Editor and restart Windows. The 3rd or 4th button should now perform a DragLock.

To disable, try "0000"

Collapse -
Re:Use MSCONFIG to turn it off?
by sordi / February 24, 2004 2:26 AM PST

thx man. the draglock value was already 0000, but i completly deleted everything related to it =)
this way when accessing mouse properties from control panel i got a new window, something standard windows i guess (no longer mouseware). and.. there was a checkbox to disable draglock... cool isnt it?
i reinstalled mouseware now (i had to know it...) and everything is working fine now.

thx for the hint!

Collapse -
That would have been my next step.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2004 2:43 AM PST

But you did it and succeeded.

Best of continued luck.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.