Resolved Question

Mouse Lagging Suddenly (Mostly Chrome, When Pages Load)

Hi,

Dell Inspiron 620
Intel i5-2320 CUP @ 3GHz
6GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS

My mouse has suddenly started to lag hard when pages are loading and it's driving me insane. The mouse is in good condition and has new batteries.

The mouse rarely lags when browsing through Windows or using another browser like FF. It's usually Chrome. It'll happen when my CPU usage is around 5% and my Physical Memory is between 25-40%. I don't think it's a RAM issue?

I believe I had some crappy add-on running in the background of Chrome, but I've since disabled and deleted it.

I have no idea what is causing this. Please help me as I am going bonkers!

Discussion is locked
dellsupportsucks1 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Mouse Lagging Suddenly (Mostly Chrome, When Pages Load)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Mouse Lagging Suddenly (Mostly Chrome, When Pages Load)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
(NT) Did you reset Chrome?
- Collapse -
Reset?

I've closed Chrome multiple times, I've reinstalled Chrome once (I have the most current version), and I've closed it via Taskbar repeatedly.

- Collapse -
That's not a reset. Here's google's article on that.
- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for the help. It was actually Spyware (BetterSurf). Not sure how I got it, but it's been deleted now. I appreciate the help.

CNET Forums