The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Mouse gestures in XP/Vista?

by robstak / January 24, 2008 11:25 AM PST

However lame or awesome you think the MBA is, I think everyone agrees that the multitouch trackpad is awesome. Even without multitouch, it'd be cool to have mouse gestures in windows.

Unfortunately, my first two attempts at finding a program have turned up nothing!

Does anyone know of a proggie out there that'll do that in vista???

-dr. karl

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mouse gestures in XP/Vista?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mouse gestures in XP/Vista?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I don't think that there's one of these yet
by rafacst / January 24, 2008 2:48 PM PST

And since it is a Apple-patented technology, the last thing they'll do is to put it on Vista or any Windows version.

Collapse -
Bill Gates
by Nicholas Buenk / January 26, 2008 9:25 PM PST

Has been talking about gestures lately....

Collapse -
StrokeIt works on XP
by ibirdy / July 18, 2008 11:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Bill Gates

There is a great mouse gesture program for XP.
It's called or StrokeIt. It's free (donationware).
http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

It's totally awesome and highly configurable.
It works geat with XP but I just tried it on Vista and it more or less completely fails to work.

Dang, my old PC croaked and my new one is running Vista. That's why I came across your posts. I'm looking for something that works with Vista. It's unbeleivable to me that there isn't something out there. It's one of the most massivly useful apps I've ever used...

Collapse -
Me too!
by _sorrow_ / July 22, 2008 3:14 PM PDT
In reply to: StrokeIt works on XP

Just got Vista installed yesterday and StrokeIt is one of the first programs I install whenever I format my drive. Sadly, what you said is true: it just doesn't work in Vista.

Hopefully someone else knows of a good application..?

Collapse -
Same problem!
by _sorrow_ / July 22, 2008 3:16 PM PDT
In reply to: StrokeIt works on XP

StrokeIt has always been one of the first programs that I install whenever I format my computer. Sadly yesterday I installed Vista for the first time and found out exactly what you're talking about: it just doesn't work in Vista.

I found this thread via a google search for Vista mouse gestures... hopefully someone knows about a good application & posts about it!

Collapse -
Found One!
by onggaroo / January 24, 2009 4:57 PM PST

I know this thread is old but just in case anyone wants to know. I found this by googling.

It's called gMote and you can get it from:

http://www.handform.net/gmote.php

Collapse -
(NT) hey thanks
by robstak / January 26, 2009 7:02 AM PST
In reply to: Found One!
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.