General discussion

Mouse freeze

Hello All,
I am having a problem with my mouse freezing up for 5 to 10 seconds and then releasing or sometimes not releasing at all, I can unplug it from the USB port and plug in again and it works fine for a couple of minutes and then does the same thing again. While it is frozen I can still use the touch pad.
I have tried re-installing the driver but still have the problem.
I have run virus, trojan horse, checks and everything comes out ok (using Norton Internet Security/Virus software)
Even tried starting in safe mode and running virus scan, no virus or trojan horses.
I have two Logitech IR USB wheel mice, Tried both of them, still have the problem.

My system is as follows:
Gateway MX6436 Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3300+ 1.99 GHz 960 MB of RAM
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Logitech IR USB WheelMouse (Device Status: This device is working properly.)
Nothing in startup.
Apps running in task bar: Norton Internet Security/Virus software, Memeo Instant Backup & Seagate Dashboard (for external backup disk, disk not plugged in)

Note: I have even tried quitting the Memeo Instant Backup & Seagate Dashboard, still have the problem.

Help please,
Thank you,
DonK

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Mouse freeze
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Mouse freeze
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info