Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Mountain moved 124 mph!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mountain moved 124 mph!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mountain moved 124 mph!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I think NBC is running a miniseries like that...

In reply to: Mountain moved 124 mph!

Collapse -
If the Bible had made that claim, the sceptics would use it

as prime evidence of how wrong the Bible can be.

Collapse -
Maybe some old prophet DID tell mountain to move.

Matthew 17:20 - And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Matthew 21:21 - Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Only the prophet was 50 million years ago ;-)

In reply to: Maybe some old prophet DID tell mountain to move.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Do it, again ;-)

Collapse -
Good quotes, but

you no doubt also know that "mountain" symbolically means "government" on occasion. Bad news, indeed, for some. Happy (Devil face belongs here, but don't know how to make it.)

Collapse -
True, but now they'd have to eat their words

In reply to: If the Bible had made that claim, the sceptics would use it

wouldn't they, because science has discovered it to be true, and has discovered the mechanism by which the mountain moved. Had Joshua blown the shofar 3 times and walked around it and it moved, Science would have looked at its peculiarities (the top older than the bottom and said, can't explain that, maybe they're right. Now they'd be saying well, he did what he did, and it did what it did, causation or just good luck with the timing? Who knows? Scientists are loath to adopt any single explanation when there are so many possible scenarios.

Rob

Collapse -
the next thing science will tell us

In reply to: True, but now they'd have to eat their words

is that the ark myth was a legend. the 'true story' was ancient astronauts carried all the dna, stem cell research, and bio research in their lunch buckets and left them here because it was too dark.

source:

http://www.newspeekipedia.gov/

Collapse -
Too bad there was no

In reply to: If the Bible had made that claim, the sceptics would use it

peer review process when people were making up the bible. That would have been useful.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) they rather peer through your windows

In reply to: Too bad there was no

Collapse -
No need.

In reply to: (NT) they rather peer through your windows

We just added a deck with a spa out back. It's all there.

Dan

Collapse -
gee, I 'm torn between

In reply to: No need.

wanting to be your neighbor or REALLY wanting to be your neighbor.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ''These are the times that try mens' souls.''

In reply to: gee, I 'm torn between

Collapse -
Although people did write it, I don't think they were making

In reply to: Too bad there was no

it up. Most folks agree with my view.

However, you really just wanted to slip in a little zinger to get a response didn't you?

Collapse -
I read a similar scenario on the Columbia

River basin. (NW USA)
Says there was a glacial ice dam 'way upriver that failed catastrophically during a melt period. Scientist says the noise alone would have killed living things. Must have been an atmospheric shock wave from your mountain, also.

BTW, thanks for sharing - another blankety-blank possibility to keep us awake nights. Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!