Phones forum

General discussion

Motorola v600

by adufrane / February 12, 2004 4:06 AM PST

Does anyone have any news on when this phone will be released for Verizon. The calendar of release date snotes Feb but I am not sure if this is for verizon or other carriers. Does anyone know prices or have any feedback on this phone?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Motorola v600
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Motorola v600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Motorola v600
by Mike L / February 14, 2004 5:41 AM PST
In reply to: Motorola v600

From the info I gathered looking at on MOTOROLA's site this will be a GSM phone. I did attend the CES show in Vegas and the rep there said that AT&T is probably going to be the first to carry it. T-Mobile would probably follow next. All GSM carriers should have them once it hits the market. It's a really cool looking phone especially with the BLUETOOTH earpiece. But the only thing I'm concerned about is that GSM in the US isn't too popular vs in europe/asia. From past experience working in telecom industry the carriers in the US will be slow to change over as the usual problems are a huge cost factor and or political reasons. Most carriers in the US still use the CDMA/TDMA. Adding more repeater antennas causes an environmental debate in most communities. Some countries even have cell reception underground but the health risk is questionable. Not too many people like to live to close to a antenna for obvious reasons!

Collapse -
Re:Re:Motorola v600
by phoneguru / February 16, 2004 11:29 PM PST
In reply to: Re:Motorola v600

yes the v600 is a gsm only phone and cingular will be the one who carry's it. april 22 2004 is when it has a massive media showing

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Motorola v600
by tekelberry / February 21, 2004 7:55 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:Motorola v600

No. AT&T Wireless is the only confirmed company to carry it - not Cingular.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.