Phones forum

General discussion

Motorola Q or Palm Treo 700w?

by jerome8283 / June 24, 2006 1:23 AM PDT

Which offers a better package? I'm looking for phone, email/web and camera.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Motorola Q or Palm Treo 700w?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Motorola Q or Palm Treo 700w?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your question depends on your carrier service...
by jgvillan / June 24, 2006 4:38 AM PDT

That depends on what carrier you would like to use. The Treo is available for Cingular, TMobile and Verizon. For the Moto Q: At present, it's only available for Verizon Wireless. Both are Pocket PC ready. Treo's has been out for a while (Pocket PC version very recent), and the Moto Q just came out, so support/software may differ between the two. I have a buddy who has the Treo, and he likes it being a PDA/MP3 player/Cell Phone from Cingular. Battery life is consitant of a regular PDA. Usually 2-3 days life span without a recharge with regular use. keypad is pretty responsive, MS Pocket PC is typical Microsoft, screen is crisp and sharp, and the camera is good for taking pictures when you need too. Except at flash.

I have no clue with the Moto Q, since it just came out about a month ago. Being Moto, should be good. With Pocket PC, should be better.

I hope that this helps alittle, and good luck.

Collapse -
by jerome8283 / June 25, 2006 12:10 AM PDT

Thanks for your response jgvillan. I like Verizon. I switched to them a couple of years ago and can't complain about their service. I currently have a company Blackberry and it's pretty decent. The new Blackberry, I believe it's the 7130c is very nice as well.

Collapse -
Little vague, are we?
by unclegee1 / June 24, 2006 5:51 AM PDT

Both those products do and have the same thing?? The q has an expansive keyboard and the treo's is cramped ?? I guess the real question is...what else are you looking for? ELABORATE!!

Collapse -
by jerome8283 / June 25, 2006 12:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Little vague, are we?

I thought I was pretty clear on what I was looking for.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) See my response in the Handhelds forum.
by John.Wilkinson / June 25, 2006 12:51 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?