Samsung forum

General discussion

motion plus problem

When i try to use the "smooth" or "standard" function when watching a blu ray or playing a game the screen gets choppy and creates weird artifacts on screen. Is this normal? or should i return the tv?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: motion plus problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: motion plus problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
anybody?

In reply to: motion plus problem

does anyone know anything about this problem.

Collapse -
motion plus

In reply to: anybody?

I find best picture quality is achieved by disabling all that junk anyways other examples would be edge enhancement and dynamic contrast. you can always play with the levels and see if it helps, but I'd recommend just turning it off.

Collapse -
motion plus problem

B.devesty,

AutoMotion Plus is adjustable, and the additional processing has benefits for some inputs and some signals. If it doesn't look good with your devices, it's not broken or malfunctioning; it's simply not the best setting for the signal you're using.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thank you

Ok thanks for the info.

Collapse -
Blurry during action scenes

We turned off the auto Picture and it is still blurry during the action scenes. It makes you cross eyed when you watch it. Considering returning it

Collapse -
I feel your pain

In reply to: Blurry during action scenes

I'm not an expert, but I own a Samsung LED TV and have dealt with these issues as well. First off, you must be sure that your are getting a premium video source such as hd cable, hd sattelite, blue ray, etc... and are using hdmi cables for video (high speed hdmi for 3d). I have found a couple settings that work well for me to get the smoothest picture such as turning the film mode off and setting the automotion to clear. I'm not a fan of the Automotion Gimmick simply because the tech is not ready, yes when its on the picture gets super clear and almost looks 3dish but the trade off is a stuttering picture that looks somewhat like a cheap soap opera. I have also noticed that my tv (since being repaired) has not functioned well and even with the auto motion set to off that the tv is very choppy and the judder will drive you crazy so if you try those settings and you are watching a program from a known good source and still having issues, I might suspect faulty hardware and if within your return period I would trade out for another set.

Collapse -
Re: Blurry during action scenes

In reply to: Blurry during action scenes

Hey Giamdillard,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In order for the community here to help you more quickly, please provide for us the complete model code for this device.

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
re:

tweak the auto motion settings... Try, judder removal on 10, and blur removal on like 2 or 3..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.