General discussion

motion flow and 24 hz with hdmi samsung laptop and sony32ex5

I just got a sony 32 inch ex5 tv with 120hz motion flow. I also have a samsung laptop with blu ray and an hdmi out r580. when i plug the computer into the tv it works great except the motion flow option is no longer available. as well as when i try to change the refresh rate to 24 hz the tv seems to cut off the sides kinda like overscan. so my question is: is there any way to enable motionflow with the laptop and/or run it in 24hz without having to manually resize the desktop? also using powerdvd 8 for blu ray playback and Intel graphics.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: motion flow and 24 hz with hdmi samsung laptop and sony32ex5
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: motion flow and 24 hz with hdmi samsung laptop and sony32ex5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info